School of Merit operates as an independent school, catering for mainstream education in the following bands: Foundation Phase, Intermediate Phase, Senior Phase and FET Phase. Class size is regulated to a maximum of 20 children per class. Applicants will be required to show that they meet the standards of academic achievement of the class they wish to enter. This will be achieved by completing a base-line assessment. Preference is given to siblings of presently enrolled learners. On acceptance, parents are required to pay a deposit, within an allocated time frame as outlined in the acceptance letter. The school reserves the right to accept or decline any applicant without prejudice. In the event of a cancellation, all administration fees will be forfeited.
Maximum age for each Grade:
- Grade 1: 7 in the first year of school
- Grade 2: 8 in the second year of school
- Grade 3: 9 in the third year of school
- Grade 4, 5, 6 and 7 will follow this guideline
- Grade 8 – 12 will follow this guideline